Prime ProData, Inc. seeks an experienced PLC Programmer. This position will be responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers). You will be part of a team that develops a wide range of corporate applications written in Microsoft technologies such as Visual Basic for Applications and .NET. This is a growth opportunity for both technical expertise and career advancement in areas such as:
• Microsoft Programming and Development
• Software Development Methodologies
• Software Documentation Strategies
This position requires a motivated individual with the ability to organize, analyze, and document complex systems. Applicants must be capable of working in a fast paced environment, able to meet time lines and work within a team.
Our development staff is supported by technical writers, trainers, and a full-service network infrastructure group. Projects range from shop floor automation through ERP solutions, mobile, desktop, and web-based applications. Continuing education is a priority at Prime ProData. We offer certification reimbursement, book and study guide allowances, and attendance at both local and national Microsoft training events.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven experience in PLC logic and programming with Allen Bradley PLCs and various FactoryTalk modules,
including FactoryTalk View SE and ME.
- Ability to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing standard electrical engineering practices, as well as
provide detailed documentation upon project completion.
- A BS in Electrical, or Computer Engineering is desired
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position is required
- Basic understanding of software development practice and patterns
- Knowledge of VBA programming theory
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Understanding of database query strategies
- Associate degree or higher or related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
- Experience in Food Processing is a plus