Are you energetic, innovative, and able to work independently as well as in a group?
Do you enjoy the satisfaction of implementing customer-specific network solutions?
If so, we want to speak with you. Some of the responsibilities of your position include:
- Setup, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco and/or HP network equipment
- Domain-wide monitoring of assigned network equipment and associated hardware, LAN/WAN throughput and
optimization (Solarwinds Orion preferred), converged plant-wide Ethernet design and implementation
- 802.11 wireless: POE, controller-based configuration and control, wireless surveys, WEP/WPA encryption
- Point-to-Point, MPLS, MetroE and related WAN connections
- Windows and Cisco implementations of DHCP, DNS
- Firewall technologies including Cisco ASA, Windows Firewall
- Experience with the design and implementation of PPTP, IPSec, and SSL VPN solutions
- Use of redundancy protocols such as GLBP, HSRP
- Storage Networking: fiber channel, FCoE, iSCSI design and implementation
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of five years of experience with the design, setup, configuration and routine maintenance of Cisco routers,
switches, wireless access points and wireless clients (handhelds, laptops, data cell-phones, etc).
- Three years experience with the Cisco IOS command line
- Three years experience monitoring network traffic across LAN and WAN links, identifying problems and
resolving issues relating to network throughput.
- Three years experience strengthening security measures, installing upgrades and patches, identifying end-of-life equipment and
recommending replacements. Ability to Identify, research and recommend the latest network technologies.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive within 50 mile radius for remote site support.